Mr. Kaplan handles a broad spectrum of intellectual property, computer and technology issues for his clients. He reviews and negotiates purchase and lease agreements, programming contracts, maintenance agreements and royalty contracts. He also counsels clients in matters relating to protecting copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and source codes.
In addition, he is experienced in resolving disputes involving:
- Trade secrets
- Technology licensing
- Computer and related equipment acquisitions
- Protection of proprietary rights
EXAMPLES OF CLIENTS AND TYPES OF CASES
- An aircraft company in litigation involving failure to provide computer-related services necessary to manufacture fighter aircraft and alleged fraudulent billing practices.
- A distributor of communications equipment in action involving a refusal to license software necessary to operate equipment purchased out of bankruptcy proceeding.
- A temporary staffing company in dispute with former business associate regarding the proprietary nature of customized software.
- A major health club chain in action involving alleged breach of software development agreement.
- A health care management service organization in litigation involving alleged failure to meet contracts and fraudulent misrepresentation regarding the capabilities of the computer system.
- Shareholders of a closely held computer software corporation in dispute involving requirements for a multi-million dollar service contract.